SÁCH THAM KHẢO NGHIÊN CỨU QUAN HỆ QUỐC TẾ - Võ Minh Tập (Dịch, sưu tầm)
(Danh sách các sách được lựa chọn quan trọng trong quan hệ quốc tế / Nghiên Cứu)
An excellent, and more comprehensive, list of key works in the field may be found on the ACUNS website at www.acuns.wlu.ca/programs/teaching.shtml. Complete citations for the books listed here can be easily found on www.amazon.com (Danh sách các công trình trọng điểm trong lĩnh vực này có thể được tìm thấy trên trang web ACUNS tại www.acuns.wlu.ca / chương trình / teaching.shtml. trích dẫn hoàn hảo cho những cuốn sách được liệt kê ở đây có thể dễ dàng tìm thấy trên www.amazon.com)
Major, Enduring Texts in IR
1. Hedley Bull, The Anarchical Society ( Columbia University Press)
2. E.H. Carr, Twenty Years’ Crisis, 1919-1939 (Harper Torchbooks)
3. Michael Howard, On Clausewitz ( Oxford University Press)
4. Hans J. Morgenthau, Politics Among Nations (current edition edited by William Thompson)
5. Thucydides, History of the Peloponesian War (especially Pericles Funeral Oration and the Melian Dialogue)
6. Kenneth Waltz, Man, the State, and War ( Columbia University Press)
Tài liệu chính trong IR
1. Hedley Bull, Hội không có chánh phủ (Columbia University Press)
2. EH Carr, Hai mươi năm 'khủng hoảng, 1919-1939 (Harper Torchbooks)
3. Michael Howard, Ngày Clausewitz (Oxford University Press)
4. Hans J. Morgenthau, Chính trị Trong số các quốc gia (hiện tại phiên bản chỉnh sửa bởi William Thompson)
5. Thucydides, Lịch sử của cuộc chiến tranh Peloponesian (đặc biệt là Pericles tang văn tế và Đối thoại Melian)
6. Kenneth Waltz, Man, Nhà nước, và chiến tranh (Columbia University Press)
Histories of IR Theory
1. David Boucher, Political Theories of International Relations ( Oxford University Press)
2. Torbjorn L. Knutsen, A History of International Relations Theory ( Manchester University Press)
Lý thuyết lịch sử của IR
1. David Boucher, các học thuyết chính trị Quan hệ Quốc tế (Oxford University Press)
2. Torbjörn L. Knutsen, Một lịch sử về Lý thuyết quan hệ quốc tế (xuất bản Đại học Manchester)
Various Important Recent Books in IR
1. Roxanne Lynn Doty, Imperial Encounters: The Politics of Representation in North-South Encounters ( University of Minnesota Press)
2. Judith Goldstein and Robert Keohane, editors, Ideas and Foreign Policy: Beliefs, Institutions and Political Change (Cornell University Press)
3. Martin Griffiths and Terry O'Callaghan, International Relations: The Key Concepts (Routledge, 2001)
4. Martin Hollis and Steve Smith, Explaining and Understanding International Relations (Clarendon)
5. Peter J. Katzenstein, editor, The Culture of National Security: Norms and Identity in World Politics (Columbia University Press)
6. Margaret Keck and Kathryn Sikkinck, Activists Beyond Borders: Transnational Activist Networks in International Politics ( Cornell University Press)
7. Robert Keohane, editor, Neorealism and its Critics (Columbia University Press)
9. Robert Keohane and Joseph Nye, Power and Interdependence (Harper)
10. Stephen Krasner, editor, International Regimes (Cornell University Press)
11. Donald J. Puchala, Theory and History in International Relations (Routledge, 2003)
12. Martin Shaw, Theory of the Global State: Globality as an Unfinished Revolution ( Cambridge University Press)
13. J. Ann Tickner, Gender and International Relations ( Columbia University Press)
14. Cynthia Weber, International Relations Theory (Routledge, 2001, new edition will be out in 2004)
15. Alexander Wendt, Social Theory of International Politics ( Cambridge University Press)
Những sách khác nhau quan trọng trong IR
1. Roxanne Lynn Doty, Hoàng gặp gỡ: Chính trị của đại diện trong cuộc gặp gỡ Bắc-Nam (Đại học Minnesota)
2. Judith Goldstein và Robert Keohane, biên tập viên, ý tưởng và Chính sách đối ngoại: Niềm tin, tổ chức và chính trị thay đổi (Cornell University Press)
3. Martin Griffiths và O'Callaghan Terry, quan hệ quốc tế: Các khái niệm chính (Routledge, 2001)
4. Martin Hollis và Steve Smith, giải thích và hiểu biết quan hệ quốc tế (Clarendon)
5. Peter J. Katzenstein, biên tập viên, Văn hoá của an ninh quốc gia: Định mức và bản sắc trong chính trị thế giới (Columbia University Press)
6. Margaret Keck và Sikkinck Kathryn, nhà hoạt động Beyond Borders: Mạng Nhà hoạt động xuyên quốc gia trong chính trị quốc tế (Đại học Cornell)
7. Robert Keohane, biên tập viên, Neorealism và phê bình của nó (Columbia University Press)
9. Robert Joseph Nye Keohane và, năng lượng và phụ thuộc lẫn nhau (Harper)
10. Stephen Krasner, biên tập viên, các cơ chế quốc tế (Đại học Cornell)
11. Donald J. Puchala, Lý thuyết và lịch sử trong quan hệ quốc tế (Routledge, 2003)
12. Martin Shaw, Lý thuyết của Nhà nước toàn cầu: Globality như là một cuộc cách mạng dang dở (Cambridge University Press)
13. J. Ann Tickner, giới tính và quan hệ quốc tế (Đại học Columbia)
14. Cynthia Weber, Lý thuyết quan hệ quốc tế (Routledge, 2001, phiên bản mới sẽ được ra năm 2004)
15. Alexander Wendt, Lý thuyết xã hội chính trị quốc tế (xuất bản Đại học Cambridge)
Various Important Recent Books in IPE and IL
1. Fernando Henrique Cardoso, and Enzo Falleto, Dependency and Development in Latin America ( University of California Press)
2. Jeffry A. Frieden and David A. Lake , International Political Economy (Routledge, 2001)
3. Robert Gilpin, Global Political Economy ( Princeton University Press)
4. Peter Malanczuk, Akehurst's Modern Introduction to International Law (Routledge, 1997, new edition will be out in 2004)
5. Craig Murphy, International Organization and Industrial Change: Global Governance Since 1850 ( Oxford University Press)
6. Leslie Sklair, Globalization: Capitalism and its Alternatives ( Oxford University Press)
7. Susan Strange, The Retreat of the State ( Cambridge University Press)
8. Richard Stubbs and Geoffrey Underhill , Political Economy and the Changing World Order ( Oxford University Press)
9. Immanuel Wallerstein, The Modern World System (Academic Press)
10. Michael Yahuda, The International politics of the Asia – Pacific, Routledge Curzon, Press – 2004.
11. Chan Heng Chee (edited), The new Asia – Pacific order, ISAS – Singapore – 1997.
Những sách khác nhau quan trọng trong IPE và IL
1. Fernando Henrique Cardoso, và Enzo Falleto, phụ thuộc và phát triển ở Mỹ La tinh (Đại học California)
2. Jeffry A. Frieden và David A. Lake, Kinh tế chính trị quốc tế (Routledge, 2001)
3. Robert Gilpin, kinh tế chính trị toàn cầu (Princeton University Press)
4. Peter Malanczuk, Giới thiệu Akehurst hiện đại của Luật quốc tế (Routledge, 1997, phiên bản mới sẽ được ra năm 2004)
5. Craig Murphy, Tổ chức Quốc tế và thay đổi công nghiệp: Quản trị toàn cầu từ 1850 (Oxford University Press)
6. Leslie Sklair, toàn cầu hoá: Chủ nghĩa tư bản và giải pháp thay thế của nó (Oxford University Press)
7. Susan Strange, An Cư của Nhà nước (Cambridge University Press)
8. Richard Stubbs và Underhill Geoffrey, Kinh tế chính trị và thế giới tự thay đổi (Oxford University Press)
9 Immanuel Wallerstein, hệ thống thế giới hiện đại (Academic Press)
10. Michael Yahuda, Các chính trị quốc tế của khu vực châu Á - Thái Bình Dương, Routledge Curzon, Báo chí - 2004.
11. Chan Heng Chee (chỉnh sửa), Châu Á mới - Thái Bình Dương đặt hàng, ISAS - Singapore - 1997.
Various Important Recent Books in Methodology
1. Alexander George, Bridging the Gap: Theory and Practice in Foreign Policy (Washington, DC: Institute of Peace Press, 1998)
2. Gary King, Robert O. Keohane, Sidney Verba, Designing Social Inquiry: Scientific Inference in Qualitative Research (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1994)
3. Richard Marius, A Short Guide to Writing about History (New York: Harpers Collins, 1989)
4. Stephen Van Evera, Guide to Methods for Students of Political Science (New York: Columbia University Press, 1989)
Những sách khác nhau quan trọng trong phương pháp
1. George Alexander, Thu hẹp khoảng cách: Lý thuyết và thực hành trong chính sách đối ngoại (Washington, DC: Viện Báo chí Hòa bình, 1998)
2. Gary King, Robert Keohane O., Sidney Verba, Thiết kế Điều tra xã hội: Suy luận khoa học trong nghiên cứu định tính (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1994)
3. Richard Marius, Một hướng dẫn ngắn để viết về Lịch sử (New York: Harpers Collins, 1989)
4. Stephen Văn Evera, Hướng dẫn phương pháp cho các sinh viên của Khoa học Chính trị (New York: Columbia University Press, 1989)
II. Giới thiệu các trang website.
Departments interested in learning more about curricular changes taking place in their counterpart institutions around the world can visit a number of websites for more detailed information. Helpful sites include those of specific universities which list courses and outline programs of study. Some excellent examples include:
In the UK , undergraduate programs in IR/IS are offered by, among others, the Centre for International Studies (CIS), Department of Politics and International Relations,
University of Oxford http://cis.politics.ox.ac.uk/.
The Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Kent http://www.kent.ac.uk/politics/; The International Relations and Politics at Sussex University, http://www.sussex.ac.uk/irp/; Politics and International Relations at the University of Aberdeen , http://www.abdn.ac.uk/pir/
and Politics and International Relations at the University of Southampton , http://www.politics.soton.ac.uk/
In Singapore , the Department of Political Science at the National University of Singapore offers undergraduate courses in IR-related topics. See http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/pol/.
The School of History , Political and Strategic Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia ( National University of Malaysia ) offers an undergraduate IR program. Visit http://www.fssk.ukm.my/
The George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs http://www.gwu.edu/~elliott/academicprograms/ba/.
Visitors to this site will notice that the Elliott School expects students to develop a functional concentration (comparative systems, conflict and security, cultures and societies, public health, development, economics, environment, or politics) and a regional concentration (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Russia and Eastern Europe), after completing a set of general curriculum requirements. This is an increasingly common outline for a BA curriculum in international relations/studies in the US
The website for American University's (AU) School of Foreign Service http://www.american.edu/sis/academics/ug/index.html reflects another style and that is the liberal arts model prevalent in US undergraduate programs. The liberal arts model expects BA degree seekers to study a broad array of natural and social sciences and humanities, often fulfilling a core curriculum, before then taking a regional and a functional concentration in some specialized topic in their final two years. AU also offers a joint BA/MA (five-year program) degree, a combination finding increasing favor with US students, as more job openings are available to holders of the MA degree.
Georgetown University 's Walsh School of Foreign Service, the oldest and largest in the US , directs undergraduates into a range of special programs within the broad field of international studies. The Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service program includes concentrations in science and technology, IPE, history, economics, politics, and regional and comparative studies, with special certificates available for advanced study in areas such as international business diplomacy, Asian studies, and African studies.
The Department of Political Science at Columbia University www.columbia.edu offers a terminal MA program that focuses on international relations and methodological courses for its students.
York University in Canada http://www.yorku.ca/admission/undergrad/programsofstudy/ offers a different model, with programs that are often integrated in US universities broken into different programs, such as global political studies, international business administration, international development studies, and international project management.
The University of Canterbury in New Zealand offers a BA Honors Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations. See http://www.dipl.canterbury.ac.nz/.
In Australia , most IR courses are offered as part of political science or government departments. The Australian National University website for the Australasian International Studies Association (AISA) links to all the undergraduate programs in Australia and can be viewed at: http://coombs.anu.edu/SpecialProj/AISA/IR.html.
The University of Queensland offers a good BA in International Relations. See http://www.uq.edu.au/
In Sweden the Department of Peace and Development Studies at Gothenburg University offers undergraduate programs in both IR and development studies, http://www.padrigu.gu.se/ .
The Department of Economic History, Stockholm University has an undergraduate program in IR http://www.ekohist.su.se/ .
Fudan University in Shanghai lists information in English and Chinese. See their webpage for information about the Department of International Relations.
Professional Associations in International Relations/Studies The number of national and international associations in international relations/studies is growing rapidly. Websites for the largest of these associations provide useful links to each other, and often to research databases (including documents that can be accessed without membership) and pedagogical information.
One of the best sites is the AISA site in Australia mentioned above which connects to all Australian universities, links to virtual libraries and international affairs resources around the world, and posts a calendar of Asia Pacific conferences, events, and security dialogues.
APISA information can be found at http://www.apisa.org/.
The ISA http://www.isanet.org/ gives an excellent list linking to their cooperating organizations around the world, which so far total more than 40 organizations in over 20 countries, including the Korean International Studies Association (no website, but contact Dr. Byong-Moo Hwang at (Kndu48@kndu.ac.kr. ) and the Japan Association of International Relations (http://www.soc.nii.ac.jp/jair/index.shtml). For groups contemplating forming their own association, the ISA webpage contains its organizational structure and list of sections, as well as information on how to become an ISA affiliated organization.
The APSA includes international relations as a major subfield and maintains on its website, http://www.apsanet.org, a list of the national political science associations around the world, encompassing more than 50 countries and regions, including political science associations in China , Russia , the Philippines , and France .
WIIS maintains ties with like organizations around the world. Its website at www.wiis.org links to internship and graduate school information for students and gives information on how organizations can become a WIIS affiliate.
The BISA website can be found at www.bisa.ac.uk and lists information on the organization and IR studies in the United Kingdom .
International Relations/Studies Teaching Materials and Assistance This is a short list of the resources available to assist faculty develop active learning and student and career advising in their departments. In order to implement effectively these resources into classroom use, faculty are encouraged to participate in short courses on pedagogical issues which provide training on best practices.
The National University in Singapore has the best library resources in the Southeast Asian region, both in IR/IS and, through the various libraries in the university, in IE and IL.
Singapore has the most extensive library resources in the Southeast Asian region at the library of the Institute for Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS)
Steven Lamy, Professor of International Relations and Director of International Relations at the University of Southern California (USC) is a leading expert in the United States on undergraduate education in international relations. He has advised faculty and administrators around the US and in many other countries, including South Africa . For information on his work, visit the USC website http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/ir/faculty/g-lamy.htm. You can also contact Professor Lamy directly at (email@example.com. .)
The APSA lists a syllabi collection on their website, although currently the ones for IR, methodology studies, and a few others are outdated and not available. Do check regularly to see if updated versions become available.
Foreign Affairs Online, maintained by the University of Virginia, http://wsrv.clas.virginia.edu/~rjb3v/rjb.html has an excellent set of links to websites for IR journals, searchable databases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, media sources, intergovernmental organizations, international nongovernmental organizations, Internet directories, and other academic information in a number of languages (including English, French, Russian, and Spanish). Students, faculty, and researchers can go online to find IL treaties and legal documents, IR think tank websites and publications, US government documents, United Nations systems reports, and many other resources useful for teaching.
The International Relations and Security Network in Switzerland runs an excellent website for the field at http://www.isn.ethz.ch/ which includes a limited searchable database; a reference database with global security statistics, trends, and facts; an online acronyms and abbreviations dictionary, daily news briefs, and links to research projects, conferences, and online courses.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press maintains a webpage listing general IR resources at http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/INOR/deibert-guide/section_7.html. Look here for links to the websites of the Academic Council of the United Nations Systems (ACUNS), University of Michigan Documents Center and International Simulations, the International Communication and Negotiation Simulations site maintained by the University of Maryland , and the CaseNet Active Learning in International Affairs sites, among many.
The University of Louisville's Department of Political Science maintains an interesting link to the University's career center that advises students on jobs in political science and international relations. Visit http://career.louisville.edu/a&s/polisci.htm.
Several sections of the ISA post teaching information and sample syllabi on their webpages. See, for example, the Global Development and IPE sections of ISA. IPE runs the IPENET, which includes an active online discussion group for faculty. ALIAS, the Active Learning section of ISA includes a link to the journal IS Perspectives, a teaching journal of the ISA and a "teaching tips" section with links to the Case Program at the Kennedy School , Harvard University (www.ksgcase.harvard.edu/pdf/teaching_case.pdf). The Case Program includes online syllabus assistance.
The World Bank Institute also lists case teaching tips and resources on its webpage at www.worldbank.org/wbi/cases/tips.html.
Georgetown University's Pew Case Study program has a website that gives advice concerning the classroom use of case studies. It also lists abstracts of available cases. Teachers can join the "Faculty Club" (free online registration) and get more information, including access to some cases. Visit http://cfdev.georgetown.edu/programs/isd/publications.cfm
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) maintains conflict resolution class simulation projects on its website www.usip.org.
Florida International University (FIU) is one of many universities in the US that offer syllabi on their webpage.
The ACUNS offers excellent materials for teaching on its website, including links to library, international organization, university, and government (including even CIA publications) websites at www.acuns.wlu.ca/programs/teaching.shtml.